C & J Clark International Limited (“we, us, our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your (“you, your”) privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is C & J Clark International Limited of 40 High Street, Street, Somerset BA16 0EQ.
Clarks never make your personal details available to any other company for marketing purposes.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes your e-mail address when you sign up to receive our emails and by selecting whether you wish to receive emails about our exciting range of women’s, men’s and children’s shoes.
- Information we receive from other Clarks websites. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- when you sign up to receive our emails to provide you with information about our exciting range of products;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by clicking on the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of our marketing emails. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 40 High Street, Street, Somerset BA16 0EQ or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.